Court directs police to file FIR against Goa tourism minister
Panaji: A local court on Thursday directed the police to file an FIR against the Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar in connection with an alleged land grab case.
The Mapusa Judicial Magistrate directed the Porvorim police to file a first information report (FIR) against Parulekar for allegedly grabbing a land at Porvorim village near Panaji.
Social activist Advocate Aires Rodrigues had filed case in the court seeking to lodge complaint against Parulekar.
The Magistrate Reina Fernandes directed the police today to register the FIR under Section 119, Section 120 and Section 420 read with Section 120 B of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Ruling that the complaint filed by Advocate Aires Rodrigues disclosed the offences, the magistrate directed the Porvorim Police to probe the case after registering the FIR.
His petition filed under Section 156(3) of the Criminal Procedure Code had drawn the court`s attention, since though a criminal complaint was filed on November 8, 2013, the Porvorim police violated the law to shield Parulekar by not registering the FIR.
In his petition, Rodrigues had submitted that Parulekar was part of a criminal conspiracy to cause immense loss to the Communidade of Serula (a holding of community land) by acquiring its prime land at a throw away price.
Pointing out that the land given away to Dilip Parulekar was without any auction and without following procedure under the Code of Communidade, Rodrigues alleged that Parulekar`s intention was to fraudulently acquire prime Communidade land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!