Court directs police to file FIR against Goa tourism minister
Panaji: A local court on Thursday directed the police to file an FIR against the Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar in connection with an alleged land grab case.
The Mapusa Judicial Magistrate directed the Porvorim police to file a first information report (FIR) against Parulekar for allegedly grabbing a land at Porvorim village near Panaji.
Social activist Advocate Aires Rodrigues had filed case in the court seeking to lodge complaint against Parulekar.
The Magistrate Reina Fernandes directed the police today to register the FIR under Section 119, Section 120 and Section 420 read with Section 120 B of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Ruling that the complaint filed by Advocate Aires Rodrigues disclosed the offences, the magistrate directed the Porvorim Police to probe the case after registering the FIR.
His petition filed under Section 156(3) of the Criminal Procedure Code had drawn the court`s attention, since though a criminal complaint was filed on November 8, 2013, the Porvorim police violated the law to shield Parulekar by not registering the FIR.
In his petition, Rodrigues had submitted that Parulekar was part of a criminal conspiracy to cause immense loss to the Communidade of Serula (a holding of community land) by acquiring its prime land at a throw away price.
Pointing out that the land given away to Dilip Parulekar was without any auction and without following procedure under the Code of Communidade, Rodrigues alleged that Parulekar`s intention was to fraudulently acquire prime Communidade land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM