`Crackdown on landlords who illegally rent out to foreigners`
Panaji: The village panchayat of Parra, the home to several Nigerians in Goa, has decided to launch a crackdown on house owners who have illegally rented out their places to foreigners.
The special gram sabha of Parra held Tuesday evening resolved to send notices to all house owners who have illegally rented out their premises to foreigners, asking them to vacate it.
The notice mentions that house owners who have rented out their premises to foreigners should get it vacated as they have not obtained no objection certificate from the panchayat to sublet their premises to foreign nationals.
Parra, a village next to Mapusa town and around 9 kms from Panaji, is a home to more than 150 Nigerians.
The locals have been alleging that the Nigerians there have been creating nuisance.
A Nigerian was found dead with stab wounds in Mapusa town Panaji, triggering protests from around 200 Nigerians who blocked a road on the city outskirts last week.
Following the incident, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had said that he had asked the police department to comb the entire state and locate Nigerians and other foreign nationals staying without visa and other documentation.
Parrikar had announced on Monday that the government will deport the Nigerians involved in minor crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof