Crime branch grills Pacheco`s wife in Nadia Torrado death case
Panaji: Sara Pacheco, estranged wife of
former Goa Tourism Minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco, was
on Tuesday grilled by the Crime Branch for over six hours in
connection with the Nadia Torrado death case.
Sara, who was quizzed at the Crime Branch`s Dona Paula
office, was accompanied by NGO Bailancho Ekvott`s president
Auda Viegas, who was the first to register a complaint against
Pacheco after Nadia`s death.
According to sources, Sara told crime branch that she
knew Nadia since 2004 and was aware that she and her husband
were going around. However, Sara refused to talk to media
persons waiting outside the crime branch.
Nadia died after allegedly consuming rat poison on May 30
while being treated at a private hospital in Chennai.
Pacheco and his aide Lyndon Monteiro are on the run after
the Crime branch named them as accused in the case.
Meanwhile, Viegas told agency that Sara had married Pacheco
in 1999 and their marriage ran into trouble in 2004.
In December 2008, Sara filed a complaint of domestic
violence against Pacheco claiming that he abused her often and
threw her out of their house.
Subsequently, in January 2009, Pacheco filed a divorce
petition seeking to separate from Sara.
Last year, Sara had filed a complaint of forgery against
Pacheco alleging that he sold all her flats and a vehicle,
which was in her name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week