Dance bars will not be allowed in Goa: Parrikar
Panaji: Dance bars will not be allowed in Goa, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Thursday during his Independance Day speech.
"I take this opportunity to say that dance bars will not be allowed in Goa," Parrikar said.
Parrikar`s assurance caps a week-long debate in the state over dance bars after a Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) spokesperson endorsed their opening.
Parrikar, who is also the home minister, said that prostitution as well as the drug trade would be weeded out from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday