Dance bars will not be allowed in Goa: Parrikar
Panaji: Dance bars will not be allowed in Goa, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Thursday during his Independance Day speech.
"I take this opportunity to say that dance bars will not be allowed in Goa," Parrikar said.
Parrikar`s assurance caps a week-long debate in the state over dance bars after a Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) spokesperson endorsed their opening.
Parrikar, who is also the home minister, said that prostitution as well as the drug trade would be weeded out from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read