Decentralise tourism in Goa: Governor
Panaji: Goa Governor K Sankaranarayanan said on Monday that the state should make efforts to decentralise tourism in order to prevent its beaches from getting dirty and overcrowded.
In an address on the 50th anniversary of Goa liberation day, Sankaranarayanan said that it was important to keep the environment clean in order to promote the state as a global tourism destination.
"It should be our effort to decentralise tourism by creating tourism infrastructure in the hinterland. This will avoid crowding of the beaches," said Sankaranarayan.
"I would also like to emphasise that for a state like Goa, which has been promoting global tourism, it is absolutely important to keep the environment clean to attract the tourists both domestic and foreign," the governor said.
The Governor highlighted the importance of a sensitive, sustainable and holistic approach for development of tourism in Goa.
"We should adopt an environmentally sensitive, sustainable and holistic approach for its future growth. There is an urgent need to create world-class infrastructure to foster tourism," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant