Decision on Cong-NCP-MGP alliance in Goa expected
Panaji: The decision on formation of
pre-poll alliance between Congress, Nationalist Congress Party
and Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party would be taken within 15
days, a senior congress leader said here on Sunday.
Goa Congress president, Subhash Shirodkar, who took part
in the coordination committee meeting of three parties o Sunday,
said a detailed discussion on alliance would be held in Delhi.
"At the end of (today`s) discussion, it was resolved that
final discussion be held in Delhi," Shirodkar said.
Congress`s Goa desk in-charge Jagmeet Singh Brar, Chief
Minister Digambar Kamat, Shirodkar, NCP`s Goa observer Bharati
Chawan and MGP President Deepak Dhavalikar were present at the
Emerging from the meeting, Chawan said the meeting was
fruitful. "NCP executive committee will now sit and discuss
the issue," she said.
Earlier in the day, Congress leaders had said that the
party wanted to carry on the current alliance with NCP and
Brar told reporters in Panaji that the party was of the
opinion that Congress-NCP-MGP alliance "should go further
during the forthcoming Goa elections", due next year.
Congress and NCP had fought the last assembly election of
2007 together, while the regional outfit, MGP, had contested
on its own and joined the government later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested