Decision on Cong-NCP-MGP alliance in Goa expected
Panaji: The decision on formation of pre-poll
alliance among Congress, NCP and Maharashtrawadi Gomantak
Party would be taken within 15 days, a senior Congress leader
said on Sunday.
Goa Congress chief Subhash Shirodkar, who took part in the
coordination committee meeting of three parties, said a
detailed discussion on the alliance would be held in Delhi.
"At the end of (today`s) discussion, it was resolved that
the final discussion be held in Delhi," Shirodkar said.
Congress`s Goa desk in-charge Jagmeet Singh Brar, Chief
Minister Digambar Kamat, Shirodkar, NCP`s Goa observer Bharati
Chawan and MGP President Deepak Dhavalikar were present at the
Emerging from the meeting, Chawan said the talks were
fruitful. "NCP executive committee will now sit and discuss
the issue," she said.
Earlier in the day, Congress leaders had said the party
wanted to carry on the current alliance with NCP and MGP.
Brar told reporters in Panaji that the party was of the
opinion that Congress-NCP-MGP alliance "should go further
during the forthcoming Goa elections", due next year.
Congress and NCP had fought the 2007 Assembly election
together, while regional outfit MGP had contested solo and
joined the government later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'