Delta group casinos ready to out from Mandovi river in Goa
Mumbai: Delta Corp Limited, which owns majority share in Goa`s off shore casino business, has said that they are ready to shift out of the river Mandovi but is averse to move off shore casinos into the sea.
"The option to shift in the sea is not viable. There is a security risk. It’s not safe," Jaydev Modi, Chairman, Delta Corp Limited told reporters here.
He said that the company has given an undertaking to the state government that they would be shifting to the suitable location given by them.
"But it should be preferably river. Any river will do provided there is adequate infrastructure," Modi said, adding that they don`t mind shifting to Zuari River, which is in south Goa.
He said that the off shore casino operators have full faith that the state government will work together with them while shifting the vessels as the casino business has become an important factor for the economy of the state which is plagued with the mining closure.
"Government is framing the rules (under Goa Gaming Act). The Gaming commissioner will be appointed and only thereafter the situation would be clear as to where the off shore casino vessels would be shifted," Modi said.
Parrikar led cabinet had recently announced to shift all the off shore casino vessels out of Mandovi River in next two years.
Delta Corp group owns three off shore casino vessels in Goa including Deltin Royale which is India`s largest casino with over 900 gaming positions spread over 40,000 square feet across four levels. The Group has invested Rs 250 crore in the casino business in Goa, he said.
Modi said that Goa`s tourism industry has got a major boost with the casino business.
"Almost 30 per cent of the tourists come to Goa only to play in casinos," he said.
He said that barring Goans from entering the casinos would not affect the business but it would "not be fair considering the rights issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in