Deshprabhu, officials booked in missing file case
Panaji: Goa Police has lodged an FIR against Congress leader Jitendra Deshprabhu besides three officials of Mines department in connection with a file pertaining to illegal extraction of iron ore gone missing.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Chandrakant Salgaoncar, former director of mines Arvind Lolienkar and three other officials of the department are also named in the FIR filed by Director of Mines and Geology Prasanna Acharya, sources in the Crime Branch said on Saturday.
Deshprabhu was earlier arrested by Crime Branch for illegally extracting the ore from his property at Pernem taluka and is currently out on bail.
The FIR says the file pertaining to this illegal mining case has been found missing from the Mines department.
When contacted, Deshprabhu denied the allegations. "This case is a political vendetta against me and I should not be held responsible for any missing file from the department," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September