Deshprabhu, officials booked in missing file case
Panaji: Goa Police has lodged an FIR against Congress leader Jitendra Deshprabhu besides three officials of Mines department in connection with a file pertaining to illegal extraction of iron ore gone missing.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Chandrakant Salgaoncar, former director of mines Arvind Lolienkar and three other officials of the department are also named in the FIR filed by Director of Mines and Geology Prasanna Acharya, sources in the Crime Branch said on Saturday.
Deshprabhu was earlier arrested by Crime Branch for illegally extracting the ore from his property at Pernem taluka and is currently out on bail.
The FIR says the file pertaining to this illegal mining case has been found missing from the Mines department.
When contacted, Deshprabhu denied the allegations. "This case is a political vendetta against me and I should not be held responsible for any missing file from the department," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'