Deshprabhu, officials booked in missing file case
Panaji: Goa Police has lodged an FIR against Congress leader Jitendra Deshprabhu besides three officials of Mines department in connection with a file pertaining to illegal extraction of iron ore gone missing.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Chandrakant Salgaoncar, former director of mines Arvind Lolienkar and three other officials of the department are also named in the FIR filed by Director of Mines and Geology Prasanna Acharya, sources in the Crime Branch said on Saturday.
Deshprabhu was earlier arrested by Crime Branch for illegally extracting the ore from his property at Pernem taluka and is currently out on bail.
The FIR says the file pertaining to this illegal mining case has been found missing from the Mines department.
When contacted, Deshprabhu denied the allegations. "This case is a political vendetta against me and I should not be held responsible for any missing file from the department," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert