Deshprabhu, officials booked in missing file case
Panaji: Goa Police has lodged an FIR against Congress leader Jitendra Deshprabhu besides three officials of Mines department in connection with a file pertaining to illegal extraction of iron ore gone missing.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Chandrakant Salgaoncar, former director of mines Arvind Lolienkar and three other officials of the department are also named in the FIR filed by Director of Mines and Geology Prasanna Acharya, sources in the Crime Branch said on Saturday.
Deshprabhu was earlier arrested by Crime Branch for illegally extracting the ore from his property at Pernem taluka and is currently out on bail.
The FIR says the file pertaining to this illegal mining case has been found missing from the Mines department.
When contacted, Deshprabhu denied the allegations. "This case is a political vendetta against me and I should not be held responsible for any missing file from the department," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you