Din in Goa Assembly for third consecutive day
Panaji: Opposition benches continued to
disrupt proceedings of Goa Legislative Assembly for the third
consecutive day demanding a discussion on the conduct of state
Education Minister Atanasio Monserrate.
The minister was detained at the Mumbai international
airport on Saturday for carrying Indian and foreign currency
beyond permissible limits en route Dubai.
The opposition benches on Thursday also pointed out that the
CBI, investigating another case against Monserrate, has
accused him of threatening witnesses.
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat passed the Appropriation
bill on the floor of the House amidst chaos by the opposition.
As Kamat tabled the bill, the BJP legislators circled the
Well of the House protesting against Speaker Pratapsingh
Rane`s decision to not to allow the adjournment motion, a
demand which they reiterated on Thursday.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar said the CBI had
sought shifting a case against Monserrate, related to attack
on Panaji police station, from Goa to Mumbai court claiming
that "he was threatening witnesses".
"Are there any honourable members in this House anymore,
I am beginning to wonder Smugglers are honourable members?”,
Rane tried to pacify the BJP legislators citing the
rulings and asked Chief Minister to table the Appropriation
bill, which was passed by voice vote amidst the din.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Half-century for world no. 1 Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros
- Congo citizen murder: Strict action needed, says Union Minister VK Singh
- Who stole the cookie? Let the canine siblings solve this mystery! - Watch video
- Galaxy of leaders to attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in; 18 new faces to become ministers
- Jose Mourinho signs Manchester United contract: Reports