Din in Goa Assembly for third consecutive day
Panaji: Opposition benches continued to
disrupt proceedings of Goa Legislative Assembly for the third
consecutive day demanding a discussion on the conduct of state
Education Minister Atanasio Monserrate.
The minister was detained at the Mumbai international
airport on Saturday for carrying Indian and foreign currency
beyond permissible limits en route Dubai.
The opposition benches on Thursday also pointed out that the
CBI, investigating another case against Monserrate, has
accused him of threatening witnesses.
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat passed the Appropriation
bill on the floor of the House amidst chaos by the opposition.
As Kamat tabled the bill, the BJP legislators circled the
Well of the House protesting against Speaker Pratapsingh
Rane`s decision to not to allow the adjournment motion, a
demand which they reiterated on Thursday.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar said the CBI had
sought shifting a case against Monserrate, related to attack
on Panaji police station, from Goa to Mumbai court claiming
that "he was threatening witnesses".
"Are there any honourable members in this House anymore,
I am beginning to wonder Smugglers are honourable members?”,
Rane tried to pacify the BJP legislators citing the
rulings and asked Chief Minister to table the Appropriation
bill, which was passed by voice vote amidst the din.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price