Do not want to give importance to Ram Sene: Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said he did not want to attach much importance to the entry of Sri Ram Sene into the state.
"Why should I give importance to anyone saying anything? Why should I give so much weightage to (Sene chief Pramod) Muttalik?" Parrikar shot back, when asked whether he would accept the invitation to launch the right-wing organisation`s Goa branch.
"Am I altu-faltu (good for nothing) person? Is Goa Chief Minister so cheap?" Parrikar said.
"I am still clear that the law and order would not be allowed to be disrupted," Parrikar added.
Muttalik recently revealed plans to expand the organisation from Karnataka to the neighbouring Goa. He had said he would invite Parrikar to inaugurate the first branch.
Ram Sene had become infamous after an attack on a pub in Mangalore in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof