Do not want to give importance to Ram Sene: Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said he did not want to attach much importance to the entry of Sri Ram Sene into the state.
"Why should I give importance to anyone saying anything? Why should I give so much weightage to (Sene chief Pramod) Muttalik?" Parrikar shot back, when asked whether he would accept the invitation to launch the right-wing organisation`s Goa branch.
"Am I altu-faltu (good for nothing) person? Is Goa Chief Minister so cheap?" Parrikar said.
"I am still clear that the law and order would not be allowed to be disrupted," Parrikar added.
Muttalik recently revealed plans to expand the organisation from Karnataka to the neighbouring Goa. He had said he would invite Parrikar to inaugurate the first branch.
Ram Sene had become infamous after an attack on a pub in Mangalore in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan