Don`t go to Iraq, Goa panel tells job seekers
Panaji: Goa`s Commission for Non Resident Indian (NRI) Affairs on Wednesday advised Goan youngsters against pursuing overseas jobs based in Iraq.
A statement issued by NRI Affairs director UD Kamat said the advisory had been issued on the basis of enquiries made with the Indian embassy in Baghdad.
"The commissioner for NRI Affairs has received a few inquiries from the Goan youth who have job offers in hand to work in Iraq. Hence, inquiries were made with the Embassy of India in Baghdad and it has clarified that in view of the security situation prevailing in Iraq, it is advisable to avoid travelling to Iraq," Kamat said.
Forty-six Indian nurses, trapped due to the ongoing conflict in Iraq, were rescued and brought back to India recently.
The NRI commission set up by the Goa government looks after the affairs of Goa`s expat community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read