Don`t go to Iraq, Goa panel tells job seekers
Panaji: Goa`s Commission for Non Resident Indian (NRI) Affairs on Wednesday advised Goan youngsters against pursuing overseas jobs based in Iraq.
A statement issued by NRI Affairs director UD Kamat said the advisory had been issued on the basis of enquiries made with the Indian embassy in Baghdad.
"The commissioner for NRI Affairs has received a few inquiries from the Goan youth who have job offers in hand to work in Iraq. Hence, inquiries were made with the Embassy of India in Baghdad and it has clarified that in view of the security situation prevailing in Iraq, it is advisable to avoid travelling to Iraq," Kamat said.
Forty-six Indian nurses, trapped due to the ongoing conflict in Iraq, were rescued and brought back to India recently.
The NRI commission set up by the Goa government looks after the affairs of Goa`s expat community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai