Drug nexus cases: Goa panel to summon top cop
Panaji: A legislative panel probing the alleged drug nexus involving peddlers, policemen and politicians in Goa will summon top cop Kishan Kumar to appear before it.
"DGP Kishan Kumar would be summoned before the committee on February 18 as the panel has not been getting required cooperation from police department, which was initially handling the case", legislator and panel head Micky Pacheco said.
CBI has taken over the investigation of the drug nexus cases from police.
Seven policemen were arrested for their alleged link with drug peddlers in one of the cases.
Two Israeli drug peddlers Yaniv Benaim alias Atala and David Driham alias Dudu, were also arrested in this connection and are currently out on bail.
The House panel is also investigating the alleged involvement of former home minister Ravi Naik`s son, Roy, in the nexus.
"Police are avoiding giving certain documents which are crucial for the inquiry. The committee had asked details like case diaries, daily schedules of police officers and relevant information, which has not been submitted to the committee", Pacheco said.
He said the police department was trying to pass the buck on CBI claiming they had handed over the relevant documents to the central agency.
"But we want copies from police department. I won`t ask any other investigating agency for it", Pacheco said.
The Pacheco committee, set up last year by the state Assembly, was supposed to submit its report by December.
One of the members on the committee said that the report was scheduled to be tabled during recently concluded Assembly session. "Now we expect the report to be completed and tabled during budget session of the Assembly", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory