EC Goa officials hand in glove with BJP govt: Congress
Panaji: The Congress party today accused the Election Commission in Goa of colluding with the Manohar Parrikar-led BJP government in the state following a tepid response to the complaint against two erring officials in the CMO.
"The Election Commission`s local officials are hand in glove with the ruling BJP led government in the state. We had pointed out violation of code of conduct by two officials of Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) but the EC officials have just sought a response from them," Congress Goa spokesman Durgadas Kamat told reporters here.
Congress had complained against Joint Secretary Siddharth Cuncolienkar and Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Giriraj Vernekar for allegedly running a campaign in support of BJP through their accounts on a social networking site.
Kamat said that the EC officials were indulging in action supporting the local government.
The Congress party, through its high command will file a complaint about the EC officials in the Election Commission of India headquarters, he said.
Earlier this week, Chief Electoral Officer Keshav Chandra had said that a reply has been sought from the two CMO officials, giving them 7 days time to respond.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living