EC observer in Goa tomorrow to see bypoll preparations
Panaji: An Election Commission observer
will be arriving here tomorrow to oversee the preparations for
the October 18 bypoll to Valpoi Assembly constituency in Goa.
This was informed by Joint Chief Electoral Officer
"A second observer will be sent if required," he said
Jyothi Kalash has been named Election Officer for the
by-poll, where Congress Minister Vishwajit Rane is pitted
against BJP`s Santosh Haldankar.
The by-election was necessitated after sitting
Independent MLA Vishwajit Rane resigned and joined the
Congress party a few months ago.
Valpoi is situated 50km from Panaji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!