EC observer in Goa tomorrow to see bypoll preparations
Panaji: An Election Commission observer
will be arriving here tomorrow to oversee the preparations for
the October 18 bypoll to Valpoi Assembly constituency in Goa.
This was informed by Joint Chief Electoral Officer
"A second observer will be sent if required," he said
Jyothi Kalash has been named Election Officer for the
by-poll, where Congress Minister Vishwajit Rane is pitted
against BJP`s Santosh Haldankar.
The by-election was necessitated after sitting
Independent MLA Vishwajit Rane resigned and joined the
Congress party a few months ago.
Valpoi is situated 50km from Panaji.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India