EC observer in Goa tomorrow to see bypoll preparations
Panaji: An Election Commission observer
will be arriving here tomorrow to oversee the preparations for
the October 18 bypoll to Valpoi Assembly constituency in Goa.
This was informed by Joint Chief Electoral Officer
"A second observer will be sent if required," he said
Jyothi Kalash has been named Election Officer for the
by-poll, where Congress Minister Vishwajit Rane is pitted
against BJP`s Santosh Haldankar.
The by-election was necessitated after sitting
Independent MLA Vishwajit Rane resigned and joined the
Congress party a few months ago.
Valpoi is situated 50km from Panaji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal