Electoral code of conduct is big obstacle: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: The electoral code of conduct is the biggest hurdle to any development, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar opined on Wednesday.
Parrikar was speaking during the inauguration of the 44th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Panaji.
"The code of conduct is the biggest obstacle to any development," Parrikar said, while promising a permanent venue for the IFFI for 2014.
Parrikar said that he would deliver his promise by next year, despite the intervening 2014 General Elections and the code of conduct regulations which accompany the poll processes.
Parrikar also said that the new permanent structure, to come up near Miramar, an adjoining capital suburb, would be "Goa`s gift to the film festival".
The IFFI is an 11-day event, which got underway on Wednesday.
The opening film of the festival is Jiri Menzel`s Czech comedy film `Don Juans`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes