Electoral code of conduct is big obstacle: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: The electoral code of conduct is the biggest hurdle to any development, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar opined on Wednesday.
Parrikar was speaking during the inauguration of the 44th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Panaji.
"The code of conduct is the biggest obstacle to any development," Parrikar said, while promising a permanent venue for the IFFI for 2014.
Parrikar said that he would deliver his promise by next year, despite the intervening 2014 General Elections and the code of conduct regulations which accompany the poll processes.
Parrikar also said that the new permanent structure, to come up near Miramar, an adjoining capital suburb, would be "Goa`s gift to the film festival".
The IFFI is an 11-day event, which got underway on Wednesday.
The opening film of the festival is Jiri Menzel`s Czech comedy film `Don Juans`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'