Electoral code of conduct is big obstacle: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: The electoral code of conduct is the biggest hurdle to any development, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar opined on Wednesday.
Parrikar was speaking during the inauguration of the 44th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Panaji.
"The code of conduct is the biggest obstacle to any development," Parrikar said, while promising a permanent venue for the IFFI for 2014.
Parrikar said that he would deliver his promise by next year, despite the intervening 2014 General Elections and the code of conduct regulations which accompany the poll processes.
Parrikar also said that the new permanent structure, to come up near Miramar, an adjoining capital suburb, would be "Goa`s gift to the film festival".
The IFFI is an 11-day event, which got underway on Wednesday.
The opening film of the festival is Jiri Menzel`s Czech comedy film `Don Juans`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH