Ex-Goa minister Ravi Naik booked for job `scam`
Panaji: The ACB on Wednesday booked Congress leader and former Animal Husbandry Minister Ravi Naik in connection with alleged irregularities in allotment of government jobs just ahead of the March 2012 Assembly polls.
The ACB also booked four of the then Animal Husbandry department officers, namely former director Siddhivinayak Naik,?deputy directors Ernest V D`Costa and Irene Sequeira, and head clerk Janu Gaude under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act 1988.
The case pertains to 12 posts of Field Assistants and 27 posts of Attendant Dressers.
ACB in its release today mentioned that these appointments were made in the violation of election code of conduct which had come into effect from December 24, 2011.
The selection process lacked transparency and this recruitment was a scam which was conducted with undue haste, arbitrary allotment of marks,?undue favour to the candidates and selection of?a majority of candidates?from a particular Taluka indicate of some malaise in the system, the release said.
A complaint in this regard was filed by the Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion