Excess of pub culture is not good: BJP`s Goa Mahila Morcha
Panaji: BJP`s Goa Mahila Morcha has said "excess of pub culture is not good," days after state Cabinet minister Sudin Dhavalikar spoke against the pub culture.
"Anything that is in excess is not good. Even pub culture should not be in excess," Vaidehi Naik, the party`s Goa Mahila Morcha member told reporters at a press conference, where the Morcha president Kunda Chodankar was also present.
A controversy had erupted after Dhavalikar recently voiced his objection to the pub culture in the beach state. Soon after his statement, Union Tourism Minister Shripad Naik had said that pub culture should be controlled.
Naik, the state BJP unit`s executive member, today said that pub culture should not be abused to an extent that it becomes a nuisance.
"We should not allow the misuse of few things in the name of tourism," she said, refusing to comment further.
Chodankar, while talking to mediapersons, hailed the surprise visits by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar in government offices to keep a tab on those arriving late for work.
She said such kind of checks would continue in future and the concerned ministers should also follow suit by visiting the offices to ensure that government servants turn up for duty on time.
"We gave two years to the government servants to mend their habits. Now it is the time to act," Chodankar said, adding that the officers reporting for work in an inebriated state is also one of the concerns.
To a question, she said the government can use an alcometer to check whether an officer is drunk.
"Even without alcometer, one can be judged whether he is drunk or normal with his behaviour," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post