Expenditure limit for Assam panchayat poll candidates announced
Guwahati: The Assam State Election Commission has fixed the maximum limit of expenditure to be incurred by any candidate contesting the upcoming panchayat polls in the state.
The maximum expenditure limit for a candidate contesting for the post of Zila Parishad member has been fixed at Rs four lakh, an official statement said today.
For elections to the post of Anchalik Panchayat member, the maximum expenditure a candidate can incur is Rs one lakh.
Similarly, Rs one lakh has been fixed as the maximum limit for candidates for the post of Gaon Panchayat president.
For those contesting for the post of Gaon Panchayat member, the ceiling has been fixed at Rs 10,000.
The candidates contesting the election have to submit the statement of expenditures to the State Election Commission through the Deputy Commissioner or Sub-Divisional Officer within 60 days from the date of declaration of results.
Any violation or non-submission of expenditure statement on time will attract legal action, the statement said.
The upcoming panchayat elections in Assam will be held in three phases on January 30, February 6 and February 12, 2013.
During the last panchayat polls in January-February, 2008, the maximum expenditure allowed for candidates was Rs 40,000 for those contesting for post of Zila Parishad member and Rs 20,000 for those contesting for post of Anchalik Panchayat member.
The expenditure ceiling for candidates Rs 20,000 for Gaon Panchayat president and Rs 2,000 for Gaon Panchayat member in the 2008 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark