Fake currency case: Police sub-inspector arrested
Panaji: A police sub-inspector was on Sunday
arrested in connection with a counterfeit currency case.
PSI Vaibhav Naik, attached to Vasco police station, was
placed under arrest after his role in pushing the counterfeit
currency notes came to light, police spokesman John Aguiyar
Aguiyar said investigations are on to confirm whether the
notes, pushed by Naik, were from the police seizure of the
Three persons have already been arrested by Calangute
police in this connection.
Police had recovered fake Indian currency notes with a
face value of Rs 2.77 lakh hidden in an unused toilet flush
tank at an office in the port town of Vasco.
The notes were being brought to Goa to be used in
casinos, officials said.
The breakthrough came after police arrested Aditya Yadav,
32, alias Chintamani from Vasco and Hemant Chodankar, 34, from
Baina on Tuesday.
The third accused was arrested subsequently.
While Chodankar is a labour contractor, Chintamani works
for a private company which caters to chartered flight
tourists at Dabolim airport.
The PSI`s role in the entire racket was revealed by the
accused during interrogation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof