`Fake ration cards being used for Aadhar cards in Goa`
Panaji: Bogus ration cards, a fact which has been acknowledged by Goa`s civil supplies ministry, are being used to acquire Aadhar cards in the state, a civil society group claimed on Thursday.
"Bogus ration cards are being used as identity proofs, especially in slum areas, to get Aadhar cards. This will reduce the social security number exercise to a farce," Yatish Naik, a spokesperson of the Pilerne Citizens Forum (PCF) told reporters here.
The PCF, which brought to light instances where ration cards had been forged by the hundreds a couple of years back, has filed a complaint with Nandan Nilekani, chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India -- in-charge of the central agency implementing the Aadhar card project.
"We have asked Nilekani to plug this loophole," Naik said.
The civil supplies ministry has already ordered a probe into the problem of fake ration cards after a ruling legislator told the Goa assembly recently that Nepali and Bangladeshi nationals had obtained ration cards by forging documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?