False complaints to Goa Lokayukta to be fined
Panaji: "False and frivolous" complaints to the Lokayukta (ombudsman) in Goa would attract a fine up to Rs 10 lakh, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters here, Parrikar also said that Goa has recommended the name of former Supreme Court Justice (retd) B. Sudarshan Reddy as the Goa`s first Lokayukta.
"False and frivolous complaints with malicious intention will be fined by the Lokayukta Office to the tune of Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh. The Lokayukta will decide if the complaint is serious or not," Parrikar said.
"We have recommended the name of the retired Supreme Court judge (to the Bombay High court) now it is up to them to decide," Parrikar said.
Parrikar had promised setting up the office of the Lokayukta in Goa within 100 days of coming to power in March 2012. But the appointment dragged on for over 300 days, with the chief minister first claiming that the delay was because of bureaucratic process and unavailability of suitable retired judges for the position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29