False complaints to Goa Lokayukta to be fined
Panaji: "False and frivolous" complaints to the Lokayukta (ombudsman) in Goa would attract a fine up to Rs 10 lakh, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters here, Parrikar also said that Goa has recommended the name of former Supreme Court Justice (retd) B. Sudarshan Reddy as the Goa`s first Lokayukta.
"False and frivolous complaints with malicious intention will be fined by the Lokayukta Office to the tune of Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh. The Lokayukta will decide if the complaint is serious or not," Parrikar said.
"We have recommended the name of the retired Supreme Court judge (to the Bombay High court) now it is up to them to decide," Parrikar said.
Parrikar had promised setting up the office of the Lokayukta in Goa within 100 days of coming to power in March 2012. But the appointment dragged on for over 300 days, with the chief minister first claiming that the delay was because of bureaucratic process and unavailability of suitable retired judges for the position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next