FIR over uploading Goa minister`s morphed photo
Panaji: An FIR has been filed for uploading a morphed photo of Public Works Department Minister Sudin Dhavalikar in a pink swimsuit which went viral on Facebook last week.
"The FIR has been filed and the case has been transferred to the Cyber Cell," Police official C.L. Patil told IANS Tuesday.
The FIR, accusing Facebook users of uploading and circulating the morphed photo, was registered on Pradeep Bakhale`s complaint.
Dhavalikar had attracted controversy when he recently said: "Young girls wearing short skirts in nightclubs are a threat to the Goan culture. This habit of young girls wearing short dresses everywhere does not fit the Goan culture. We should not allow this. It should be stopped."
He also advised that women should stop drinking too "because it is not good for their health".
The comments had attracted criticism with the Congress symbolically gifting Dhavalikar a short pink skirt in response.
A couple of months back, an FIR against shipbuilding professional Devu Chodankar for accusing then BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi of planning a holocaust on Facebook had led to prompt police action.
The police action also earned criticism from civil society as well as the opposition which accused the police and state administration of muffling the internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round