Fire at Goa`s govt hospital, OPDs cancelled
Panaji: Fire broke out at Goa`s premier government run hospital Tuesday morning affecting the functioning of Out Patient Departments (OPDs) there, officials said.
However,No one was hurt in the mishap, they said.
A part of Goa Medical College and Hospital, situated almost 4 kms away from Panaji, caught fire early morning, fire and emergency services officials said.
The blaze broke out at the pharmacy located inside the hospital and later it spread around.
"Although the fire was controlled, the building was filled with the smoke forcing the OPDs to be stopped for the day," the officials said.
Though the blaze was brought under control within a couple of hours, hospital authorities have decided to check the feasibility of the building to hold OPDs before starting operating there.
"If the building is not fit, we will hold OPDs from the nearby Yatri Niwas building of the hospital," hospital Dean Dr V N Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what