Fire at Goa`s govt hospital, OPDs cancelled
Panaji: Fire broke out at Goa`s premier government run hospital Tuesday morning affecting the functioning of Out Patient Departments (OPDs) there, officials said.
However,No one was hurt in the mishap, they said.
A part of Goa Medical College and Hospital, situated almost 4 kms away from Panaji, caught fire early morning, fire and emergency services officials said.
The blaze broke out at the pharmacy located inside the hospital and later it spread around.
"Although the fire was controlled, the building was filled with the smoke forcing the OPDs to be stopped for the day," the officials said.
Though the blaze was brought under control within a couple of hours, hospital authorities have decided to check the feasibility of the building to hold OPDs before starting operating there.
"If the building is not fit, we will hold OPDs from the nearby Yatri Niwas building of the hospital," hospital Dean Dr V N Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video