First report on illegal mining in Goa on Dec 1
Panaji: The Central government-appointed
Shah Commission is likely to give its first report on illegal
mining in Goa on December 1, officials said on Tuesday.
The Commission, which has been investigating the Iron Ore
mining illegalities in Goa, is in its final stages of
preparing an exhaustive report that would bar the unlawful
activity in the state.
"The first report would be submitted to Union Mines
Ministry on December 1," a senior Commission member said
adding the second report would come subsequently.
The panel has been probing Iron ore extraction, trading
and exports in Goa since mid-September this year for which
eight teams were formed, which with the help of local Mines
and Geology Ministry, inspected 90-odd working mines and 30-
odd non working mining leases to arrive at a final conclusion.
The senior member said the team would be visiting Goa for
third and final round of investigations in November last week.
Justice M B Shah, heading the Commission, was, however
not available for comment.
The illegal iron ore mining in Goa is estimated between
Rs 1,200-10,000 crore. The Goa Legislative Assembly
constituted Public Accounts Committee (PAC) report on the same
has put the figure to Rs 4,000 crore in last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow