First report on illegal mining in Goa on Dec 1
Panaji: The Central government-appointed
Shah Commission is likely to give its first report on illegal
mining in Goa on December 1, officials said on Tuesday.
The Commission, which has been investigating the Iron Ore
mining illegalities in Goa, is in its final stages of
preparing an exhaustive report that would bar the unlawful
activity in the state.
"The first report would be submitted to Union Mines
Ministry on December 1," a senior Commission member said
adding the second report would come subsequently.
The panel has been probing Iron ore extraction, trading
and exports in Goa since mid-September this year for which
eight teams were formed, which with the help of local Mines
and Geology Ministry, inspected 90-odd working mines and 30-
odd non working mining leases to arrive at a final conclusion.
The senior member said the team would be visiting Goa for
third and final round of investigations in November last week.
Justice M B Shah, heading the Commission, was, however
not available for comment.
The illegal iron ore mining in Goa is estimated between
Rs 1,200-10,000 crore. The Goa Legislative Assembly
constituted Public Accounts Committee (PAC) report on the same
has put the figure to Rs 4,000 crore in last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report