First report on illegal mining in Goa on Dec 1
Panaji: The Central government-appointed
Shah Commission is likely to give its first report on illegal
mining in Goa on December 1, officials said on Tuesday.
The Commission, which has been investigating the Iron Ore
mining illegalities in Goa, is in its final stages of
preparing an exhaustive report that would bar the unlawful
activity in the state.
"The first report would be submitted to Union Mines
Ministry on December 1," a senior Commission member said
adding the second report would come subsequently.
The panel has been probing Iron ore extraction, trading
and exports in Goa since mid-September this year for which
eight teams were formed, which with the help of local Mines
and Geology Ministry, inspected 90-odd working mines and 30-
odd non working mining leases to arrive at a final conclusion.
The senior member said the team would be visiting Goa for
third and final round of investigations in November last week.
Justice M B Shah, heading the Commission, was, however
not available for comment.
The illegal iron ore mining in Goa is estimated between
Rs 1,200-10,000 crore. The Goa Legislative Assembly
constituted Public Accounts Committee (PAC) report on the same
has put the figure to Rs 4,000 crore in last five years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed