First report on illegal mining in Goa on Dec 1
Panaji: The Central government-appointed
Shah Commission is likely to give its first report on illegal
mining in Goa on December 1, officials said on Tuesday.
The Commission, which has been investigating the Iron Ore
mining illegalities in Goa, is in its final stages of
preparing an exhaustive report that would bar the unlawful
activity in the state.
"The first report would be submitted to Union Mines
Ministry on December 1," a senior Commission member said
adding the second report would come subsequently.
The panel has been probing Iron ore extraction, trading
and exports in Goa since mid-September this year for which
eight teams were formed, which with the help of local Mines
and Geology Ministry, inspected 90-odd working mines and 30-
odd non working mining leases to arrive at a final conclusion.
The senior member said the team would be visiting Goa for
third and final round of investigations in November last week.
Justice M B Shah, heading the Commission, was, however
not available for comment.
The illegal iron ore mining in Goa is estimated between
Rs 1,200-10,000 crore. The Goa Legislative Assembly
constituted Public Accounts Committee (PAC) report on the same
has put the figure to Rs 4,000 crore in last five years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know