Five CRPF troopers arrested for drunken brawl
Panaji: Five CRPF troopers were arrested late Sunday for beating up local people at a village near the Goa capital after getting drunk, police said.
The troopers allegedly got into a fight with local people after they flung an empty bottle of alcohol at the car of a resident of Morlem village, 70 km from Panaji. The village is well known for its greenery and waterfalls.
When challenged, troopers Chanchal Kumar, Memin Alwar, Kamal Raj, Ravi Pillai and Mira Lal started assaulting local people, police said.
"Others soon joined in and the fight became a clash between two groups. We reached the site and arrested the troopers," police inspector Ramesh Gaonkar said, adding the group of troopers was on a picnic at Morlem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'