Five CRPF troopers arrested for drunken brawl
Panaji: Five CRPF troopers were arrested late Sunday for beating up local people at a village near the Goa capital after getting drunk, police said.
The troopers allegedly got into a fight with local people after they flung an empty bottle of alcohol at the car of a resident of Morlem village, 70 km from Panaji. The village is well known for its greenery and waterfalls.
When challenged, troopers Chanchal Kumar, Memin Alwar, Kamal Raj, Ravi Pillai and Mira Lal started assaulting local people, police said.
"Others soon joined in and the fight became a clash between two groups. We reached the site and arrested the troopers," police inspector Ramesh Gaonkar said, adding the group of troopers was on a picnic at Morlem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read