Five ministers in Goa govt given portfolios
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar
on Friday distributed portfolios to all his five ministerial
colleagues, who were sworn in recently, retaining the charge
of key departments like Mining, Home and Education with him.
Public Works Department, Transport, River and Navigation
Department have been given to Ramakrishna Dhavalikar, a
legislator from ruling BJP ally Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party
Matanhy Saldanha, a BJP legislator, has been given
Tourism, Forest and Environment portfolios.
Saldanha was formerly a Tourism Minister in the
Parrikar cabinet before it was toppled in 2005.
Another BJP MLA Fransic D`Souza has been given Urban
Development, Revenue and Craftsman Training portfolios while
Laxmikant Parsekar has been given charge of Health, Panchayat
and Rural Development Agency (RDA) ministries.
Dayanand Mandrekar has been given Water Resources,
Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Departments.
Parrikar said the cabinet would be expanded after the
budget and ministers would be given additional portfolios
A formal letter, informing about the distribution of
portfolios, would be sent to Governor K Sankarnarayanan
tomorrow, the chief minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened