`Fledgling AAP in Goa should take up development plan issue`
Panaji: Regional development plan is foremost among the issues that veteran social activist Oscar Rebello wants the Aam Admi Party to take up, as it takes root in Goa.
Rebello and pop singer Remo Fernandes joined the Arvind Kejriwal-led party two days ago.
"This (regional plan) is the first issue that AAP should take up in Goa," he said.
Rebello spearheaded a massive agitation demanding scrapping of the draft plan prepared by an earlier Congress government. That plan, perceived to be potentially damaging for the fragile ecosystem of the coastal state, was later scrapped.
However, there is no alternative plan in place.
There was a regime change in 2012 when BJP, led by Manohar Parrikar, ousted the Congress from power. However, the new government did not address the issue despite the election-time promise, Rebello said.
People on the street now place faith in AAP -- which recently took power in the national capital -- as there is no other political alternative, he said. "These issues (on which the recent agitations in Goa centred) concerned the common man. They may be related to environment, regional plan or any other (subject)," said Rebello.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says