Flesh trade racket busted in Panaji, 1 arrested
Panaji: A flesh trade racket, allegedly involving young girls from Thailand, was busted here and one person arrested in this regard, police said Sunday.
Seven girls in their twenties from Thailand were rescued and a local businessman arrested last night for allegedly running the prostitution racket in the guise of massage parlour, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Panaji) Umesh Gaonkar said.
The local businessman, Elton Furtado, who owned two massage parlours, was arrested under the Immoral Trafficking (prevention) Act, police said.
The raids at the parlour were conducted by sending a decoy customer, who confirmed the existence of prostitution racket, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!