Flesh trade racket busted in Panaji, 1 arrested
Panaji: A flesh trade racket, allegedly involving young girls from Thailand, was busted here and one person arrested in this regard, police said Sunday.
Seven girls in their twenties from Thailand were rescued and a local businessman arrested last night for allegedly running the prostitution racket in the guise of massage parlour, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Panaji) Umesh Gaonkar said.
The local businessman, Elton Furtado, who owned two massage parlours, was arrested under the Immoral Trafficking (prevention) Act, police said.
The raids at the parlour were conducted by sending a decoy customer, who confirmed the existence of prostitution racket, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!