Flesh trade racket busted in Panaji, 1 arrested
Panaji: A flesh trade racket, allegedly involving young girls from Thailand, was busted here and one person arrested in this regard, police said Sunday.
Seven girls in their twenties from Thailand were rescued and a local businessman arrested last night for allegedly running the prostitution racket in the guise of massage parlour, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Panaji) Umesh Gaonkar said.
The local businessman, Elton Furtado, who owned two massage parlours, was arrested under the Immoral Trafficking (prevention) Act, police said.
The raids at the parlour were conducted by sending a decoy customer, who confirmed the existence of prostitution racket, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list