Food inspectors to check mid-day meal in Goa schools
Panaji: Goa Government has decided to recruit food inspectors to check the mid-day meal at schools before it is served to students.
The decision comes in the backdrop of food poisoning incident in a school at Canacona, where 100 students had taken ill after partaking mid-day meal a few weeks ago.
"We will recruit 10-15 food inspectors who will inspect the mid-day meal which is served to students," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
They would be recruited by Education Department, he added.
To a query, Parrikar said it is not possible for the food, served under a Government-sponsored scheme, to be transported to Food and Drugs Administration lab in Panaji for checking from schools located in rural areas.
The Chief Minister said process was on to empanel new self-help groups to supply mid-day meal in schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!