Food inspectors to check mid-day meal in Goa schools
Panaji: Goa Government has decided to recruit food inspectors to check the mid-day meal at schools before it is served to students.
The decision comes in the backdrop of food poisoning incident in a school at Canacona, where 100 students had taken ill after partaking mid-day meal a few weeks ago.
"We will recruit 10-15 food inspectors who will inspect the mid-day meal which is served to students," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
They would be recruited by Education Department, he added.
To a query, Parrikar said it is not possible for the food, served under a Government-sponsored scheme, to be transported to Food and Drugs Administration lab in Panaji for checking from schools located in rural areas.
The Chief Minister said process was on to empanel new self-help groups to supply mid-day meal in schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere