Foreign tourists to get tax refund in Goa
Panaji: Foreign tourists who fly into Goa can now shop cheap at the beach paradise.
In his budget speech Monday, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar offered Value Added Tax (VAT) refunds on purchases made while holidaying in Goa.
"I propose to introduce a unique scheme for foreign tourists visiting Goa. They will be entitled to refund of VAT paid against purchases made in the state of Goa," Parrikar said.
"The VAT refund will be done at the Goa airport against valid tax invoices to be produced by foreign tourists on their departure," he said.
The VAT refund scheme, he said, would be applicable from the forthcoming tourist season starting September.
Goa annually receives 2.5 million tourists, of whom half a million are from Russia and Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over two lakh pilgrims perform Amarnath Yatra, another batch leaves Jammu
- HC sentences 7 to life imprisonment in a post-Godhra riot case
- Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service resumes
- 2nd Test, Day 3: England bounce back to level series 1-1 with massive 330-run win over Pakistan
- Lok Sabha passes bill providing for opening of 6 new IITs