Foreign tourists to get tax refund in Goa
Panaji: Foreign tourists who fly into Goa can now shop cheap at the beach paradise.
In his budget speech Monday, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar offered Value Added Tax (VAT) refunds on purchases made while holidaying in Goa.
"I propose to introduce a unique scheme for foreign tourists visiting Goa. They will be entitled to refund of VAT paid against purchases made in the state of Goa," Parrikar said.
"The VAT refund will be done at the Goa airport against valid tax invoices to be produced by foreign tourists on their departure," he said.
The VAT refund scheme, he said, would be applicable from the forthcoming tourist season starting September.
Goa annually receives 2.5 million tourists, of whom half a million are from Russia and Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy