Foreign tourists to get tax refund in Goa
Panaji: Foreign tourists who fly into Goa can now shop cheap at the beach paradise.
In his budget speech Monday, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar offered Value Added Tax (VAT) refunds on purchases made while holidaying in Goa.
"I propose to introduce a unique scheme for foreign tourists visiting Goa. They will be entitled to refund of VAT paid against purchases made in the state of Goa," Parrikar said.
"The VAT refund will be done at the Goa airport against valid tax invoices to be produced by foreign tourists on their departure," he said.
The VAT refund scheme, he said, would be applicable from the forthcoming tourist season starting September.
Goa annually receives 2.5 million tourists, of whom half a million are from Russia and Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas