Foreign tourists to get tax refund in Goa
Panaji: Foreign tourists who fly into Goa can now shop cheap at the beach paradise.
In his budget speech Monday, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar offered Value Added Tax (VAT) refunds on purchases made while holidaying in Goa.
"I propose to introduce a unique scheme for foreign tourists visiting Goa. They will be entitled to refund of VAT paid against purchases made in the state of Goa," Parrikar said.
"The VAT refund will be done at the Goa airport against valid tax invoices to be produced by foreign tourists on their departure," he said.
The VAT refund scheme, he said, would be applicable from the forthcoming tourist season starting September.
Goa annually receives 2.5 million tourists, of whom half a million are from Russia and Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM