Former AIIMS director to shape Goa`s health policy
Panaji: As Goa drafts its health policy, a leading Delhi-based doctor and former director of the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Dr PK Dave has been entrusted the responsibility of finding out what ails the healthcare sector in the state.
Health Minister Laxmikant Parsenkar, who is also president of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) state unit, told IANS Wednesday that Dave had been asked to prepare an exhaustive roadmap for healthcare in Goa and submit a report within six weeks.
"The brief given to Dave is extensive. He has been asked to holistically assess Goa`s healthcare system and its weaknesses. We have given him a month and a half to submit a report," Parsenkar said.
The health minister said Dave was a renowned medical professional and administrator. As director of the New Delhi-based AIIMS, he had treated some of the country`s top VVIPs.
"There is no better person than Dave to help us improve our healthcare system. Along with being a doctor, he has also served as an administrator of India`s premier hospital," Parsenkar said.
Dave has been assigned the responsibility of taking stock of hospitals and primary health centres and studying health-related schemes of the government of Goa. According to Parsenkar, Dave`s suggestions could form the cornerstone of health policy in the state.
The study will also take into account public-private partnership (PPP) issues in the healthcare sector, which created a controversy while the Congress-led coalition government was in power over the last seven years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...