Freedom fighters can use railway pass for Rajadhani, Shatabdi
Panaji: Freedom fighters can now travel by
Rajdhani and Shatabdi express trains on their railway passes.
"Now railway passes given to freedom fighters would be
honoured in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains as well,"
Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Maken today
announced this in Goa while addressing the first meeting of
the newly constituted eminent Freedom Fighters Committee.
The minister also said the central government intends to
increase medical facilities extended to the freedom fighters.
Stating that the home ministry is preparing freedom
fighters database, he said it has collected data of 35,000
freedom fighters so far.
"This is a huge work and it has to be completed with the
help of freedom fighters only," the minister stated.
Initiating the discussion with the freedom fighters,
Joint Secretary A K Goel said no claims of any freedom
fighters were pending. Most of the freedom fighter pension
cases from Goa have been resolved, he added.
Vikram Datta, Secretary to Minister of State for Home
Affairs, attended the meeting which had representative freedom
fighters from New Delhi, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat,
Maharashtra, West Bengal, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar,
Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands