Freedom fighters can use railway pass for Rajadhani, Shatabdi
Panaji: Freedom fighters can now travel by
Rajdhani and Shatabdi express trains on their railway passes.
"Now railway passes given to freedom fighters would be
honoured in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains as well,"
Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Maken today
announced this in Goa while addressing the first meeting of
the newly constituted eminent Freedom Fighters Committee.
The minister also said the central government intends to
increase medical facilities extended to the freedom fighters.
Stating that the home ministry is preparing freedom
fighters database, he said it has collected data of 35,000
freedom fighters so far.
"This is a huge work and it has to be completed with the
help of freedom fighters only," the minister stated.
Initiating the discussion with the freedom fighters,
Joint Secretary A K Goel said no claims of any freedom
fighters were pending. Most of the freedom fighter pension
cases from Goa have been resolved, he added.
Vikram Datta, Secretary to Minister of State for Home
Affairs, attended the meeting which had representative freedom
fighters from New Delhi, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat,
Maharashtra, West Bengal, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar,
Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him