Fresh charge against Thettayil
Kochi: In more trouble for former LDF minister Jose Thettayil, who is embroiled in a sexual harassment case, the Crime Branch has incorporated a fresh charge against him alleging offence under IPC section 354.
Crime Branch sources said the charge, outraging modesty of a woman, was present in the complaint filed by the woman who had alleged she had been sexually harassed by Thettayil and his son.
The sources said she had clearly stated that she had been molested. However, local police had not added the section.
The fresh charge was filed before the Aluva Magistrate court, the sources said, adding that IPC section 34 (Common Intention) had been deleted from the list of charges.
Meanwhile, the Kerala High Court adjourned to July 16 the petition by Thettayil seeking quashing of the FIR registered against him.
The complainant`s counsel also sought time for filing statement.
The court had earlier this week stayed for 10 days further proceedings against Thettayil and had observed that prima facie, no offence was disclosed in the complaint against him.
Thettayil, JD-S MLA from Angamally, is the first accused in the case while his son, Adarsh, is the second accused.
Aluva Police had recently registered a case against him and his son for sexual harassment based on the complaint of the woman that she had been sexually harassed by the duo.
Thettayil, a minister in the previous LDF government, had contended that he had not committed any offence punishable under IPC section 376 (rape) and the allegations of the woman were absolutely false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?