Fresh charge against Thettayil
Kochi: In more trouble for former LDF minister Jose Thettayil, who is embroiled in a sexual harassment case, the Crime Branch has incorporated a fresh charge against him alleging offence under IPC section 354.
Crime Branch sources said the charge, outraging modesty of a woman, was present in the complaint filed by the woman who had alleged she had been sexually harassed by Thettayil and his son.
The sources said she had clearly stated that she had been molested. However, local police had not added the section.
The fresh charge was filed before the Aluva Magistrate court, the sources said, adding that IPC section 34 (Common Intention) had been deleted from the list of charges.
Meanwhile, the Kerala High Court adjourned to July 16 the petition by Thettayil seeking quashing of the FIR registered against him.
The complainant`s counsel also sought time for filing statement.
The court had earlier this week stayed for 10 days further proceedings against Thettayil and had observed that prima facie, no offence was disclosed in the complaint against him.
Thettayil, JD-S MLA from Angamally, is the first accused in the case while his son, Adarsh, is the second accused.
Aluva Police had recently registered a case against him and his son for sexual harassment based on the complaint of the woman that she had been sexually harassed by the duo.
Thettayil, a minister in the previous LDF government, had contended that he had not committed any offence punishable under IPC section 376 (rape) and the allegations of the woman were absolutely false.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars