`Fugitive wanted for murder was also held in drugs caee`
Panaji: Notorious fugitive Ranjit Tuenkar, who is currently on the run allegedly after killing a young girl, was earlier arrested in connection with a drug offence, the state Legislative Assembly was told Tuesday.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, in a written reply tabled on the floor of the House, said that Tuenkar, before absconding for the current crime of murder, was arrested by the Anti-Narcotic Cell (ANC) in the state.
"Ranjeet was arrested by ANC police station in the past," Parrikar said, admitting that police have failed to arrest him in a murder case, despite several combing operations in the forest areas around Mapusa town, 10 kms from here.
The accused is wanted for allegedly killing a 19 year old girl, whose body was found in the forests of Assagao village, near Mapusa town.
Parrikar tabled the written statement about Tuenkar on the floor of the House today, in response to the question tabled by BJP legislator Pramod Sawant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016