Germans say goodbye to Goa due to filth: Experts
Panaji: The filth on Goa beaches and
expensive holidays has made the state less preferred vacation
gateway for the Germans, an expert said.
"The Germans who have arrived on their holiday in Goa
recently have written on our website that they are saying good
bye to the state," Aurobindo A P G Xavier, President,
Indo-German Friendship Society, Goa, said.
He said that the website run by the society (www.igsg.
org) has been receiving articles by German visitors who find
the state as filthy.
"Moreover, it`s expensive destination. Tourists find
Thailand cheaper than Goa, so they have now changed their
choice," Xavier, a Goan-based in Germany, said.
Xavier is amongst the batch of Goans who were studying in
Portugal when Goa was liberated from Portuguese rule.
made the European state as his home.
He said that there many German tourists who come to Goa
and cut short their trip and venture to other destinations as
they find garbage around as menacing.
"Germans are conscious about the environment," Xavier
Goa, which receives 24 lakh tourists annually, is
grappling with the garbage issue and tourism department has
itself conceded that litter on the beaches is not welcomed by
Xavier said that the drug menace on the beaches also
"There is lot of drugs and sex on the beaches which is
driving away Germans,? he said.
Russians are the largest chunk of foreign tourists
visiting Goa followed by UK.
As per a rough estimate, Goa receives around 8,000 German
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city