Girl raped by teacher attempts suicide in Goa
Panaji: A teenage girl who was allegedly raped by her teacher last year has attempted suicide at her residence on Monday, police said.
The 17-year-old girl was admitted to Goa Medical College and Hospital at Bambolim near here following severe burn injuries and she is critical, Panaji police inspector Rajendra Prabhudesai said.
Police are trying to verify whether she tried to commit suicide or was set on fire, he said, adding that the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) will be recording her statement soon.
The girl was with her grandmother at the time of the incident, he said.
She was allegedly raped by her teacher on December 29, 2011, at his residence where she had gone for remedial classes.
The accused had recently got bail by the Bombay High Court at Goa, after being behind bars for six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog