Goa: 10-year-old boy sodomised in juvenile home
Panaji: A 10-year-old boy was sodomised by three inmates of a government-run juvenile delinquent home at Merces, on the outskirts of the capital, a probe by a government committee revealed Saturday.
The Child Welfare Committee (CWC) in its complaint to the Old Goa police station has said that the three people, whose names have not been disclosed yet, had "carnal sodomised intercourse" in the premises of the state-run facility, Apna Ghar.
"We have filed a first information report (FIR) on the basis of the complaint forwarded to us by the CWC against the three staffers," police sub inspector Sagun Sawant, also the investigating officer said Saturday.
The trio have been booked under relevant sections of the Indian penal Code (IPC) and the Goa Children act, he said.
The Apna Ghar has been in controversy consistently with regards to its inmates breaking out every now and then.
Recently the police cracked a racket which involved organised gangs using inmates of the home, slipping them out at night to commit crimes in and around the city and ferrying them back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!