Goa: 10-year-old boy sodomised in juvenile home
Panaji: A 10-year-old boy was sodomised by three inmates of a government-run juvenile delinquent home at Merces, on the outskirts of the capital, a probe by a government committee revealed Saturday.
The Child Welfare Committee (CWC) in its complaint to the Old Goa police station has said that the three people, whose names have not been disclosed yet, had "carnal sodomised intercourse" in the premises of the state-run facility, Apna Ghar.
"We have filed a first information report (FIR) on the basis of the complaint forwarded to us by the CWC against the three staffers," police sub inspector Sagun Sawant, also the investigating officer said Saturday.
The trio have been booked under relevant sections of the Indian penal Code (IPC) and the Goa Children act, he said.
The Apna Ghar has been in controversy consistently with regards to its inmates breaking out every now and then.
Recently the police cracked a racket which involved organised gangs using inmates of the home, slipping them out at night to commit crimes in and around the city and ferrying them back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read