Goa: 10-year-old boy sodomised in juvenile home
Panaji: A 10-year-old boy was sodomised by three inmates of a government-run juvenile delinquent home at Merces, on the outskirts of the capital, a probe by a government committee revealed Saturday.
The Child Welfare Committee (CWC) in its complaint to the Old Goa police station has said that the three people, whose names have not been disclosed yet, had "carnal sodomised intercourse" in the premises of the state-run facility, Apna Ghar.
"We have filed a first information report (FIR) on the basis of the complaint forwarded to us by the CWC against the three staffers," police sub inspector Sagun Sawant, also the investigating officer said Saturday.
The trio have been booked under relevant sections of the Indian penal Code (IPC) and the Goa Children act, he said.
The Apna Ghar has been in controversy consistently with regards to its inmates breaking out every now and then.
Recently the police cracked a racket which involved organised gangs using inmates of the home, slipping them out at night to commit crimes in and around the city and ferrying them back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees