Goa: 10-year-old boy sodomised in juvenile home
Panaji: A 10-year-old boy was sodomised by three inmates of a government-run juvenile delinquent home at Merces, on the outskirts of the capital, a probe by a government committee revealed Saturday.
The Child Welfare Committee (CWC) in its complaint to the Old Goa police station has said that the three people, whose names have not been disclosed yet, had "carnal sodomised intercourse" in the premises of the state-run facility, Apna Ghar.
"We have filed a first information report (FIR) on the basis of the complaint forwarded to us by the CWC against the three staffers," police sub inspector Sagun Sawant, also the investigating officer said Saturday.
The trio have been booked under relevant sections of the Indian penal Code (IPC) and the Goa Children act, he said.
The Apna Ghar has been in controversy consistently with regards to its inmates breaking out every now and then.
Recently the police cracked a racket which involved organised gangs using inmates of the home, slipping them out at night to commit crimes in and around the city and ferrying them back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!