Goa: 5 policemen suspended for links with drug peddler
Panaji: Goa police on Friday suspended five police personnel, including an inspector and a head constable, after a video footage, allegedly showing a notorious drug peddlar claiming to have links with them, poped up.
Police inspector Ashish Shirodkar along with four other policemen, earlier attached to the Anti-Narcotic Cell, were suspended after the footage allegedly showed Israeli drug peddler Atala boasting about his links with the cops, Deputy Inspector General of Police Ravindra Yadav told a news agency.
Yadav said the Crime Branch will initiate an inquiry into the controversial tape which was uploaded on a website.
Atala was caught on camera claiming that Shriodkar used to steal drugs from the Anti-Narcotic Cell Locker and push it back into the market through him, Yadav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India