Goa airport to be closed partially this weekend
Panaji: Domestic flights arriving in Goa have been re-scheduled for four days due to temporary closure of the runway at Dabolim airport here between April 27-30 for annual maintenance.
All the airlines have been informed about the closure of runway for four days between 8 am - 4 pm, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) spokesman said.
"The airlines have ensured that there are minimum cancellations and have adjusted the passengers in other flights," he said.
The spokesman said that the closure will affect around 15-20 domestic flights daily.
"The chartered flights arrive late in the evening when the airstrip would be open for landing," he said.
Indian Navy which maintains the airport as a part of INS Hansa base said the runway requires periodic preventive maintenance for undertaking safe flying operations.
"The airport will also remain shut for the military flying as mutually agreed between Indian Navy, AAI and various scheduled or charter operators. The flights are being rescheduled and necessary arrangements have been made to minimise inconvenience to passengers," the Naval PRO said.
"The planned repair would go a long way towards ensuring safe and efficient operations especially during the monsoons," he added.
Dabolim airport is the only facility in Goa for the air-traffic. The airport handles 3.7 million passengers annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday