Goa airport to be closed partially this weekend
Panaji: Domestic flights arriving in Goa have been re-scheduled for four days due to temporary closure of the runway at Dabolim airport here between April 27-30 for annual maintenance.
All the airlines have been informed about the closure of runway for four days between 8 am - 4 pm, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) spokesman said.
"The airlines have ensured that there are minimum cancellations and have adjusted the passengers in other flights," he said.
The spokesman said that the closure will affect around 15-20 domestic flights daily.
"The chartered flights arrive late in the evening when the airstrip would be open for landing," he said.
Indian Navy which maintains the airport as a part of INS Hansa base said the runway requires periodic preventive maintenance for undertaking safe flying operations.
"The airport will also remain shut for the military flying as mutually agreed between Indian Navy, AAI and various scheduled or charter operators. The flights are being rescheduled and necessary arrangements have been made to minimise inconvenience to passengers," the Naval PRO said.
"The planned repair would go a long way towards ensuring safe and efficient operations especially during the monsoons," he added.
Dabolim airport is the only facility in Goa for the air-traffic. The airport handles 3.7 million passengers annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery