Goa airport to be closed partially this weekend
Panaji: Domestic flights arriving in Goa have been re-scheduled for four days due to temporary closure of the runway at Dabolim airport here between April 27-30 for annual maintenance.
All the airlines have been informed about the closure of runway for four days between 8 am - 4 pm, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) spokesman said.
"The airlines have ensured that there are minimum cancellations and have adjusted the passengers in other flights," he said.
The spokesman said that the closure will affect around 15-20 domestic flights daily.
"The chartered flights arrive late in the evening when the airstrip would be open for landing," he said.
Indian Navy which maintains the airport as a part of INS Hansa base said the runway requires periodic preventive maintenance for undertaking safe flying operations.
"The airport will also remain shut for the military flying as mutually agreed between Indian Navy, AAI and various scheduled or charter operators. The flights are being rescheduled and necessary arrangements have been made to minimise inconvenience to passengers," the Naval PRO said.
"The planned repair would go a long way towards ensuring safe and efficient operations especially during the monsoons," he added.
Dabolim airport is the only facility in Goa for the air-traffic. The airport handles 3.7 million passengers annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman