Goa alerts RAW about terror text message
Panaji: Goa government on Friday told the Legislative Assembly that the Research and Analysis wing (RAW) has been informed about the terror message, allegedly originating from Spain, which threatened to blow up Panaji and the coastal belt.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said since the origin of the SMS was from Spain, the information has been shared with the Intelligence Bureau and RAW for further developing intelligence in the matter.
"The details are awaited," he said, adding the district police, coastal police and crime branch have been sensitised and precautionary measures were taken by them.
The issue was raised on the floor of the House by independent legislator Vijay Sardesai.
The text message, which flashed on the cellphones of few journalists in June this year, had threatened a `blood fiesta` in Panaji in August and `blood carnival` in December in the coastal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!