Goa alerts RAW about terror text message
Panaji: Goa government on Friday told the Legislative Assembly that the Research and Analysis wing (RAW) has been informed about the terror message, allegedly originating from Spain, which threatened to blow up Panaji and the coastal belt.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said since the origin of the SMS was from Spain, the information has been shared with the Intelligence Bureau and RAW for further developing intelligence in the matter.
"The details are awaited," he said, adding the district police, coastal police and crime branch have been sensitised and precautionary measures were taken by them.
The issue was raised on the floor of the House by independent legislator Vijay Sardesai.
The text message, which flashed on the cellphones of few journalists in June this year, had threatened a `blood fiesta` in Panaji in August and `blood carnival` in December in the coastal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali