Goa alerts RAW about terror text message
Panaji: Goa government on Friday told the Legislative Assembly that the Research and Analysis wing (RAW) has been informed about the terror message, allegedly originating from Spain, which threatened to blow up Panaji and the coastal belt.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said since the origin of the SMS was from Spain, the information has been shared with the Intelligence Bureau and RAW for further developing intelligence in the matter.
"The details are awaited," he said, adding the district police, coastal police and crime branch have been sensitised and precautionary measures were taken by them.
The issue was raised on the floor of the House by independent legislator Vijay Sardesai.
The text message, which flashed on the cellphones of few journalists in June this year, had threatened a `blood fiesta` in Panaji in August and `blood carnival` in December in the coastal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?