Goa alerts RAW about terror text message
Panaji: Goa government on Friday told the Legislative Assembly that the Research and Analysis wing (RAW) has been informed about the terror message, allegedly originating from Spain, which threatened to blow up Panaji and the coastal belt.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said since the origin of the SMS was from Spain, the information has been shared with the Intelligence Bureau and RAW for further developing intelligence in the matter.
"The details are awaited," he said, adding the district police, coastal police and crime branch have been sensitised and precautionary measures were taken by them.
The issue was raised on the floor of the House by independent legislator Vijay Sardesai.
The text message, which flashed on the cellphones of few journalists in June this year, had threatened a `blood fiesta` in Panaji in August and `blood carnival` in December in the coastal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users