Goa alerts RAW about terror text message
Panaji: Goa government on Friday told the Legislative Assembly that the Research and Analysis wing (RAW) has been informed about the terror message, allegedly originating from Spain, which threatened to blow up Panaji and the coastal belt.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said since the origin of the SMS was from Spain, the information has been shared with the Intelligence Bureau and RAW for further developing intelligence in the matter.
"The details are awaited," he said, adding the district police, coastal police and crime branch have been sensitised and precautionary measures were taken by them.
The issue was raised on the floor of the House by independent legislator Vijay Sardesai.
The text message, which flashed on the cellphones of few journalists in June this year, had threatened a `blood fiesta` in Panaji in August and `blood carnival` in December in the coastal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport