Goa Assembly congratulates BJP MP Naik`s induction in Centre
Panaji: Goa Legislative Assembly on Tuesday congratulated BJP MP from North Goa, Shripad Naik for his induction as the Minister for Tourism and Culture in the Narendra Modi-led cabinet.
"The (previous) ruling party never gave any opportunity to Goa to be represented in the union cabinet in last ten years. This is despite the fact that the sitting MP was a former chief minister. That is why people this time voted for BJP in both the constituencies during Lok Sabha polls," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on the floor of the House while responding to the congratulatory motion moved by BJP Legislator Vishnu Wagh.
Naik joined the Modi`s team soon after the NDA government got elected at Centre in May.
The chief minister said that people of the state are thankful to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for having allotted two important portfolios of tourism and culture to Naik, a representative from Goa.
Parrikar said that various long pending issues are getting settled since the NDA government under Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken the charge.
"The four-laning of a road between Old Goa`s monuments has been hanging fire, which would now be completed as Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has agreed to give the NOC," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?