Goa Assembly congratulates BJP MP Naik`s induction in Centre
Panaji: Goa Legislative Assembly on Tuesday congratulated BJP MP from North Goa, Shripad Naik for his induction as the Minister for Tourism and Culture in the Narendra Modi-led cabinet.
"The (previous) ruling party never gave any opportunity to Goa to be represented in the union cabinet in last ten years. This is despite the fact that the sitting MP was a former chief minister. That is why people this time voted for BJP in both the constituencies during Lok Sabha polls," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on the floor of the House while responding to the congratulatory motion moved by BJP Legislator Vishnu Wagh.
Naik joined the Modi`s team soon after the NDA government got elected at Centre in May.
The chief minister said that people of the state are thankful to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for having allotted two important portfolios of tourism and culture to Naik, a representative from Goa.
Parrikar said that various long pending issues are getting settled since the NDA government under Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken the charge.
"The four-laning of a road between Old Goa`s monuments has been hanging fire, which would now be completed as Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has agreed to give the NOC," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi