Goa Assembly congratulates state`s first woman HC judge
Panaji: The Goa legislative assembly on Tuesday congratulated former district and sessions judge Anuja Prabhudessai for her elevation as Goa`s first woman high court judge.
Prabhudessai was in the news some time back for rejecting former Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal`s anticipatory bail plea after a prolonged hearing Nov 30.
Speaking during the congratulatory motion, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said that Prabhudessai was known as a "strong and law-minded" judge and also for her impartiality.
"She deserves promotion and I congratulate her for being the first lady (high court) judge from Goa...She has the quality of being impartial," Parrikar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth