Goa Assembly finalises report on drug nexus
Panaji: House Committee of Goa Legislative Assembly Wednesday finalised a crucial report probing alleged links between politicians, drug mafia and policemen.
The report would be tabled on the floor of the House tomorrow.
The committee, chaired by legislator Francisco Micky Pacheco, met this morning and adopted the draft report which was circulated to the members yesterday.
Two members - Michael Lobo and Vishnu Wagh - remained absent from the meeting today.
The report has probed the alleged involvement of Roy, son of former state Home minister Ravi Naik, with drug peddlers.
The committee, which was supposed to table its report before the state Legislative Assembly during the session held in May this year, had sought extension of the time.
The role of Roy had come to light when Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse had told the Interpol that her former boyfriend was allegedly buying drugs from Roy in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country