Goa Assembly finalises report on drug nexus
Panaji: House Committee of Goa Legislative Assembly Wednesday finalised a crucial report probing alleged links between politicians, drug mafia and policemen.
The report would be tabled on the floor of the House tomorrow.
The committee, chaired by legislator Francisco Micky Pacheco, met this morning and adopted the draft report which was circulated to the members yesterday.
Two members - Michael Lobo and Vishnu Wagh - remained absent from the meeting today.
The report has probed the alleged involvement of Roy, son of former state Home minister Ravi Naik, with drug peddlers.
The committee, which was supposed to table its report before the state Legislative Assembly during the session held in May this year, had sought extension of the time.
The role of Roy had come to light when Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse had told the Interpol that her former boyfriend was allegedly buying drugs from Roy in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand