Goa Assembly finalises report on drug nexus
Panaji: House Committee of Goa Legislative Assembly Wednesday finalised a crucial report probing alleged links between politicians, drug mafia and policemen.
The report would be tabled on the floor of the House tomorrow.
The committee, chaired by legislator Francisco Micky Pacheco, met this morning and adopted the draft report which was circulated to the members yesterday.
Two members - Michael Lobo and Vishnu Wagh - remained absent from the meeting today.
The report has probed the alleged involvement of Roy, son of former state Home minister Ravi Naik, with drug peddlers.
The committee, which was supposed to table its report before the state Legislative Assembly during the session held in May this year, had sought extension of the time.
The role of Roy had come to light when Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse had told the Interpol that her former boyfriend was allegedly buying drugs from Roy in Goa.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists