Goa Assembly finalises report on drug nexus
Panaji: House Committee of Goa Legislative Assembly Wednesday finalised a crucial report probing alleged links between politicians, drug mafia and policemen.
The report would be tabled on the floor of the House tomorrow.
The committee, chaired by legislator Francisco Micky Pacheco, met this morning and adopted the draft report which was circulated to the members yesterday.
Two members - Michael Lobo and Vishnu Wagh - remained absent from the meeting today.
The report has probed the alleged involvement of Roy, son of former state Home minister Ravi Naik, with drug peddlers.
The committee, which was supposed to table its report before the state Legislative Assembly during the session held in May this year, had sought extension of the time.
The role of Roy had come to light when Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse had told the Interpol that her former boyfriend was allegedly buying drugs from Roy in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to get intimate in ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ – Here’s how
- Oomph factor! Priyanka Chopra looks smoking hot in THESE magazine covers
- Missing Batla House encounter suspects Sajid, Rashid appear in ISIS video on Indian 'Jihadists'
- 'BJP will get clear majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections; SP, BSP will give fight in some seats'
- BCCI contemplating over holding mini-IPL in September: Report