Goa Assembly session begins; 95% business to be online
Panaji: The Goa Legislative Assembly session, which began here on Tuesday, will mostly be a paperless affair with the business being uploaded online.
The Legislature department accepted majority of the questions online from the legislators for this session, while the replies tabled during the Question Hour today were uploaded on the website of the Assembly.
The state Legislature department has received 2,600 questions, including 1,200 starred questions, which would be tabled during the session.
BJP legislator Vishnu Wagh tops the list of members for tabling maximum questions, followed by Independent legislator Naresh Sawal and Congress MLA Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco.
The session will culminate on August 21.
Assembly Speaker Rajendra Arlekar had earlier announced that the entire session would be almost paperless, with over 95 per cent of the business going online.
During the session, the state government is expected to table Panchayati Raj Amendment Bill and amendment to the Municipal Act, sources said, adding there is also a possibility of tabling Goa Police Bill, which has been pending since long.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar is expected to table the mining policy and also announce a financial package to set off the loans of the people affected by closure of mining activity in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award