Goa babus to pay for using government vehicle
Panaji: Goa`s babus (bureaucrats) will have to think twice before using their government vehicles for their early morning ritualistic visit to the local fish market.
According to a circular issued by the state government`s general administration department Friday, Rs 500 would be deducted from the salary of a bureaucrat for using the allotted government vehicle for private purpose.
"The secretaries, heads of departments and other officers authorized under Rule43 are permitted to use the vehicle for private purposes also, if they so desire, subject to the condition that an amount of Rs 500 per month is compulsorily deducted from their salary and fuel should not exceed quota allotted/sanctioned," said an order issued by under secretary Ajit Pawaskar.
The social media network in the recent past was alive with several photographs of government vehicles being either used for private and recreational purposes like shopping, dropping children to school, visiting cinema halls, casinos among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future