Goa begins identifying rogue officials who misused powers
Panaji: The Goa government has begun a process of identifying rogue officials in the state-run industrial development corporation who had during the previous Congress rule allegedly allotted industrial plots to their relatives by misusing official powers.
A sub-committee headed by Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar met this evening to chalk out a list of officials from the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) who had allegedly misused their powers during Congress rule to get plots allotted to them or their relatives in various industrial estates.
"The Chief Minister directed preparation of a list of such plots and officials who were beneficiaries," IDC managing director Menino D`Souza told reporters after the meeting.
Rough estimates show there are 17 officials involved in purchasing 59 plots in almost all industrial estates of the state.
Deputy general manager William Borges, who was allegedly associated with the purchase of 17 plots, was suspended from service earlier this year.
D`Souza said the sub-committee would verify if buyers were related to officials or are genuine ones or those who purchased the plots and later sub-let it to others.
"It will be examined if these plots were misused," he said.
The managing director said if violations are noticed by a sub-committee, criminal as well as disciplinary proceedings could be initiated against the officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past