Goa BJP demands dismissal of state government
Panaji: Goa BJP on Wednesday demanded sacking of
Digambar Kamat-led state government for incompetent handling
of the violence during the agitation by tribals last week.
A resolution to this effect was passed at a party
United Tribals Associations Alliance`s agitation on May
25 at Balli village took a tragic turn when local mob burnt
two tribal leaders ? Manguesh Gaonkar and Dilip Velip - alive.
BJP`s state president, Laxmikant Parsekar, alleged that
the Congress government was insensitive and indifferent to the
demands of UTAA.
"The policemen and government machinery were silent
spectators when the building of Adarsh Agricultural
Co-operative Society was set ablaze and two of the agitators
were brutally beaten and burnt," he alleged.
"In view of the above the Congress-led government has no
moral right to continue and should be immediately dismissed,"
The party has also extended support to the Goa Bandh
called by Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch (BBSM) on June 6, in
protest against recognising English as Medium of Instruction
in state`s education policy.
BJP resolved that the government should reconsider and
withdraw this decision.
The main opposition party has also decided to observe
June 8 as a protest-day, when Kamat government would be
celebrating its fourth anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks