Goa BJP demands dismissal of state government
Panaji: Goa BJP on Wednesday demanded sacking of
Digambar Kamat-led state government for incompetent handling
of the violence during the agitation by tribals last week.
A resolution to this effect was passed at a party
United Tribals Associations Alliance`s agitation on May
25 at Balli village took a tragic turn when local mob burnt
two tribal leaders ? Manguesh Gaonkar and Dilip Velip - alive.
BJP`s state president, Laxmikant Parsekar, alleged that
the Congress government was insensitive and indifferent to the
demands of UTAA.
"The policemen and government machinery were silent
spectators when the building of Adarsh Agricultural
Co-operative Society was set ablaze and two of the agitators
were brutally beaten and burnt," he alleged.
"In view of the above the Congress-led government has no
moral right to continue and should be immediately dismissed,"
The party has also extended support to the Goa Bandh
called by Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch (BBSM) on June 6, in
protest against recognising English as Medium of Instruction
in state`s education policy.
BJP resolved that the government should reconsider and
withdraw this decision.
The main opposition party has also decided to observe
June 8 as a protest-day, when Kamat government would be
celebrating its fourth anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray