Goa blast case: Sanatan Sanstha member in NIA net
Mumbai: National Investigation Agency
(NIA), probing the 2009 Goa blast, has taken custody of
Sanatan Sanstha member Prashant Juvekar for allegedly
conspiring to carry out the Diwali-eve bombing.
The 24-year-old was arrested by Maharashtra ATS late
last month in an illegal arms seizure case. He was granted
bail in the case by a Nashik court yesterday.
"NIA, probing the Goa blast, has taken the custody of
Juvekar after completing all legal formalities," a senior ATS
official told PTI today.
He was one of the 11 Sanstha members named in the
charge sheet by NIA in the blast in Margao, where two persons
were killed while allegedly ferrying explosives in a scooter.
ATS arrested Juvekar from Bhusawal in Jalgaon district
on July 31. A 7.65 mm pistol and four live cartridges were
recovered from him and he was booked under the Arms Act, the
charge sheet had said.
Juvekar, who hails from Ratnagiri in Maharashtra`s
Konkan region, was in ATS custody till August 3 after which he
was sent in judicial custody by the Nashik court.
With Juvekar in NIA custody, the number of suspects
arrested in the blast case has gone up to six. Those named in
the charge sheet include Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, who
were killed in the October 2009 explosion.
According to the ATS, Juvekar was a prime conspirator
and had met Patil on August 23 last year. The duo went to a
secluded location where the former was trained in making
explosives and they discussed the blast conspiracy, it said.
Since the blast, Juvekar had been frequently changing
his location to evade arrest, police said, adding he stayed in
Malad here for sometime and travelled to places like Baroda,
Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Delhi, Varanasi and Bihar.
The other five arrested are Vinay Talekar, Vinayak
Patil, Dhananjay Ashtekar, Dilip Mangaonkar and Prashant
Ashtekar. The absconding accused are Sarang Akolkar,
Jayaprakash alias Anna and Rudra Patil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm